Dirty Dealing Revisited
In 2012 Peter Lilley, the founder & owner of Proximal Consulting, was invited to give a keynote presentation in Prague to a major gathering of law enforcement officials from numerous countries.
He took the opportunity to both explore current money laundering/economic crime trends and revisit and update his highly regarded book “Dirty Dealing: the untold truth about global money laundering.”
His presentation focused on the following issues:
- Why we must tackle financial crime & money laundering as an international/transnational problem – not a national one
- Organized crime is big business and is run like a big business
- Are the banking and financial centres actually interested in identifying/stopping money laundering?
- The relevance of professional advisors in the money laundering process
- The role of offshore centres: still a paradise for criminals?
- The range of corporate structures that make it easy to hide and dispense the proceeds of crime
- Why political & business corruption are today’s hot topics
- The crucial importance of co-operation between all those involved in the fight against money laundering
Click the above icons to open the relevent file, Adobe Reader is available here